Saturday, November 7, 2009

Some News

I just pressed the delete button on 15 pages of this novel. But at least I'm working on it.

The thing is, I read another novel about cutting. There was so much about the girl's cutting behavior that there was not really any kind of plot. Well, very little, just this sort of interior monologue about her feelings of guilt, shame and despair.

I think cutting exists within lives that are not always spare and dry and interior. It's compulsive behavior and the folks who participate in it have full lives with school, friends, interests. So I need to tell the story within the framework of a plot. I just want to make it move faster than those 15 pages allowed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im an Ex emo Myself and when i cut i felt good and people where i live make fun of you for it and one day in class blood was dripping from my right arm and my teacher saw the blood and rushed me to the nurse and i told her that it was a cut rom the railing but eventually i got tired of being by myself so i finally told my guidance counselor and she sent me to my local mental health center and so i went and i gradually went better and that was 2 years ago and im considering going back what should i do?

Followers